We are accredited by the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques which, through the heavy-duty vehicles inspection and maintenance program (PIEVAL), has mandated us to carry out the reinspection for compliance of the ’’Opacity of heavy vehicle emissions’’.
- Preventive inspection of heavy vehicle emissions;
- Re-Inspection for heavy vehicle emissions compliance, following the failure of a road test conducted by Autoroute Québec.
- All heavy vehicles, over 3,000 kg, operating on diesel or biodiesel.
What is PIEVAL ?
The heavy motor vehicles inspection and maintenance program (PIEVAL), which came into effect on June 1, 2006, aims to improve air quality in Québec, particularly in urban areas. This program is based on the Regulation respecting environmental standards for heavy vehicles. These standards include devices and systems to prevent the emission of contaminants and the control of pollutant emissions.
What are the advantages ?
- Improves air quality;
- Positive impact on public health;
- Energy saving ;
- Encourages preventive maintenance of vehicles;
- Helps to identify bad driving habits.
In the case of heavy vehicles, the federal government imposes emission standards for new vehicles. However, once in use, these engines may produce emissions higher than originally anticipated. Thus, defective motors can produce excessive amounts of particles or certain gases. This may be caused by insufficient maintenance, engine component alteration or poor driving habits.